VA Desert Pacific Healthcare Network
Volunteer or Donate
Meet people, Make friends.
You can provide important services to hospitalized Veterans at one of facilities in Southern California.
Our volunteers range in age from 14 to over 90 - all you need is a giving heart and a little time to spare.
We've listed some of the ways you can volunteer:
- Volunteer Van Drivers: Help pick-up outpatients receiving chemotherapy, dialysis, radiation therapy, and other outpatient appointments. To fill this role, you must have a current drivers license and automobile insurance.
- Information Desk Volunteer: Help patients and visitors with clinic locations and other information.
- Volunteer Office Assistant: Help different medical or administrative offices in the medical center. Duties include filing, answering phones, and greeting and directing patients.
- Volunteer Patient Reminder Caller: Help make phone calls to remind patients about their scheduled appointments.
- Discharge Patient Survey Caller: Call patients who have been discharged from the medical center and record their responses for a survey.
- Patient Escort Volunteers: Provide assistance to patients in wheelchairs and help lead them to their scheduled appointments.
- Hospitality Beverage Cart: Deliver beverages to outpatient clinics and waiting areas.
- Amenity Relief Volunteer: Assist and support nursing staff on inpatient units providing amenities and special attention to patients as needed.
- Magazine / Book Cart: Sort donated magazines and books, and take the cart to designated waiting areas.
- Mail Room Assistant: Complete mail room projects and deliver mail to medical center departments.
However, if you have special skills to offer, please call us so we can discuss how you can best use your talents to help our patients.
New Mexico VA Health Care System Voluntary Service